About Sports Massage
SPORTS MASSAGE is called SPORTS MASSAGE , but it should really be called ADVANCED REMEDIAL MASSAGE. Whereas Level 5 (BETC) SPORTS MASSAGE Therapist do learn about common sports related injuries and how to treat them, what they learn, with regards to advance massage and stretching techniques, can just as well be used for ‘desk-‘ and other work- or posture related problems, or even injuries due to such. SPORTS MASSAGE Therapist will have been trained more in depth about muscles, muscle functions, the major joints etc., then say a Swedish Massage Therapist, in his/ her training.
SPORTS MASSAGE techniques can be highly effective and assist both injury healing, as well as post work-out or post-event recovery. Whether you are looking or pre- or post-event support, maintenance massage or help speeding up recovery from soft-tissue injuries, as well as prevent excessive scarring post-injury – you can ask a SPORTS MASSAGE Therapists for help!
What are Sports Massage Techniques?
The repertoire of a SPORTS AND REMEDIAL MASSAGE Therapist (BETC – Level 5), includes (besides all the relaxing massage techniques previously learned, during basic massage training) :
- Deep Tissue Massage Techniques – Deep massage to help blood circulation, lymphatic drainage, and reach deeper and deep muscle layers
- NMT – Neuromuscular Technique (a bit like in acupressure, deep pressure on a point or area is applied (a tight muscle string or Tender-/ Trigger Points) to trigger a relaxation and healing responses
- MFR – Myofascial Release – to e.g . release fascial tightness , constrictions, adhesions or scarring
- MET – Muscle Energy Technique – an advanced stretching technique, which can increase ROM (where diminished) and ‘teach’ muscle fibers to rest at a more natural longer length
- STR – Soft Tissue Release - a combination of movement and targeted muscle fiber locks, to release specific muscle parts
- Strain counterstrain (SCS) or Positional Release – your therapist finds tender points, whist moving a shortened, aching muscle into a ‘release’ position, which supposedly can help your nervous system and muscles to remember a non-aching, relaxed position (personally I am not too keen on this technique, but some do swear by it)
- MLD – Mild Lymphatic Drainage – to assist the body in draining lymph fluid, especially due to injury edema
- DTF – Deep Tissue Frictions – to break down fibrosis, especially in connection with strains or sprains, but also old scars…
Sports Massage – Reiki combinations
I am happy to combine Healing work and Sportsmassage (a lot like Spiritual Healing-/ Reiki Massage). In my experience (I am aware that it is hard to quantify!), adding Energy work, can help clients relax quicker and deeper, and with this decrease their pain sensitivity - besides potentially adding possible additional healing effects. I know that many people do believe in a ‘No Pain No Gain’ philosophy, but I for one am quite happy, if, for myself, the same (or greater?) remedial effect can be achieved with less pain. I cannot promise that a Spiritual Healing – SPORTS MASSAGE combination will be pain free, but it should ideally be in a more comfortable good-pain range. As with any massage, clients are asked to communicate about any potential pain or discomfort, that is too uncomfortable, throughout.
Sports Massage and Medical Massage
SPORTS MASSAGE Therapists also learn about basic Medical Massage; how to assist clients with massage suffering from e.g. Parkinson’s; MS; Muscular Dystrophy; Myasthenia Gravis; Cerebral Palsy; Emphysema, Pleurisy; High Blood Pressure (if not controlled, medical referral required); Constipation; Arthritis (only if not currently acute phase); Ankylosis spondylitis; Fibromyalgia; Spondylosis; CFS; RSI. For general massage contra-indications, please see below.
For SPORTS MASSAGE/ SPORTSMASSAGE in my Therapy Room in W2 - Paddington - Central London, located conveniently between Maida Vale (W9)/ Little Venice and Bayswater, within easy reach of Notting Hill (W11) or Marble Arch
For Bookings or enquires please call my mobile: 0098 (0)9198480800
List of Contra-Indications:
|فیلم آموزشی ماساژحرکات اصلاحیفواید ماساژ مقالات ماساژماساژ سوجوک|